I don’t want to break the law, what is not allowed?
There are things that are prohibited in Michigan campaigns.
• Contributions over $20 in cash are prohibited and must be made on a written instrument such as check, money order, credit card, etc.
• Contributions made in excess of the “contribution limit” are prohibited.
• Anonymous contributions in any amount are prohibited. The name and address of the contributor must be provided to the committee.
• The individual making the contribution must be identified. Making contributions in the name of another person is prohibited.
• Making a contribution with the agreement or arrangement that the receiving committee will transfer the contribution to a particular Candidate Committee is prohibited. The individual making the contribution must be identified.
• Corporate contributions are prohibited as a contribution to committees with the exception of Super PACs and Ballot Question Committees.
- MDOT Mi Drive app for winter driving information.
- Wording for 2 State ballot proposals for November 2014 on hunting.
- Condolences to Jodi Brummel & family on the passing of her Father, August 30,2014.
- Secure our borders. No illegal immigration. Send them all back home.
- Campaign finance laws! Don’t break the law if you’re running for office.
No wait Secretary of State
- Cancer patients grateful for 'blessing and gift' from Santa Claus Girls
- 3 awards shows how hard Herman Miller works to be inclusive
- 'Too late,' union says to chief's clarification about girl being handcuffed
- 125 years of beer in Grand Rapids is a reason to celebrate
- Young woman dies after police find her with lacerations, husband in custody
See all Congress’ votes!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- 5 injured after ski lift malfunctions at Pennsylvania resort - Fox News
- New evacuation orders for Santa Barbara County as winds pick up, threatening hundreds of homes in Montecito - Los Angeles Times
- Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say - Fox News
- Glowing Auras and 'Black Money': The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program - New York Times